Sunday, February 13, 2011

On success and failures

In his The Champion Creed Tom Hopkins said;"I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed.And the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying.

Yes,to some few fortunate ones, success comes easily,but for the vast majority,success comes through sweat, hardwork,blood,guts and a lot of perseverance.I know of a friend who worked his way through college.He took odd jobs and finished it for ten years only to fail in the board exams later.After several takes he passed and face the problem of finding a job.Of course in the end, he landed a job after hurdling the pains and difficulties of finding one.

How do you measure success?Is it through wealth,fame,popularity and power?If so,why do some rich and powerful people commit suicide?Even some famous celebrities are unhappy and resort to drugs?Why?Maybe we should just be happy and contented for what we have and where we are.What do you think?Meanwhile,enjoy life and be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice article! Be sure to put space after each period.You are doing well! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete